Thanks for taking the time to check out our Blog! It is no longer a mystery that what we eat has a profound influence on our health! Today, I would like to talk to you about the PROPER fuel for the human body. So you can avoid the bad things which are being recommended to you as good or health producing.
What is Total Health?
It is a condition of wholeness, in which every cell of the body is performing 100% of its designed function 100% of the time, and is communicating (coordinated) with every other cell of the body. This will allow for every tissue, gland and organ to carry out every function of the body as designed, resulting in total health. Health is not merely the absence of pain or disease.
Did you know:
· The liver must be 70% congested (non-functioning) before any symptoms result
· Pain is never the first symptom of any illness, injury or disease
What brings about disease?
Two of the main reasons for lack of health are:
A. Lack of communication between innate intelligence and the body, aka nutritional deficiency; and/or,
How do we avoid disease?
Science has determined as long as a cell is being supplied with the proper nutrients, waste products (created by our cells) and toxins (created by man) are being completely eliminated, the cell will remain disease free, virtually indefinitely. The only things that bring about this lack of communication and toxicity (improper nutrition, inadequate elimination of wastes), resulting in an inability or hindrance of health, is a lack (either in whole or part) of one or more of the following:
4. Air (oxygen)
6. Personal Hygiene (cleanliness)
7. Self-worth/Positive Mental Attitude
If these are in place, there will be:
· communication between the cells of the body,
· a lack of toxicity,
· a complete expression of innate intelligence,
Based on the above, the main reasons we are and remain in a state of disease are:
· Ignorance, we do don’t know that coffee (any type), bacon, Twinkies, and eggs are bad for us.
· Indifference or laziness, or personal responsibility you pick the word that best suites your need. As there are those that know, but choose not to care, as they place bad foods at the tip of their fork citing reasons like, “I’ve been good for a while, or Its a celebration, or it tastes great!”
HEALTH: is a gift, as nature is perfect
DISEASE: is an earned accomplishment, a natural result for living an unnatural lifestyle
The human anatomical and physiological make-up dictates that a certain food type was designed specifically for humans. Here are some of the reasons I believe we are designed to consume plants.
I’d like to talk about fruit in general. I am NOT a fruitarian! I am just stating some facts regarding plants, these particular plants happen to be called fruit. Vegetables have their own reasons why they should be consumed. Food has to meet certain requirements in order to satisfy man’s nutritional needs and thus maintain health and life.
These requirements are:
1. Supply needs of caloric (glucose) value- energy
2. Must have protein adequacy- building structure
3. Must supply needs for essential fatty acids- building structure- hormones
4. Must be adequate in minerals- building structure- catalysts
5. Must be adequate in vitamin content- catalysts
6. Must be water-sufficient- used for every chemical process in the body
7. Must be nontoxic- toxins rob energy, and plugs up the works
8. Must have sensory appeal- pleasing to all five senses
9. Must be edible in the raw state- processing depletes food of nutritional value and creates toxins
10.Must be digested easily when eaten alone or combined properly.
11. Must be assimilated efficiently- high energy return
12.Must have alkaline ash metabolic reaction- with few exceptions
Fruit appeals to all of man’s 5 senses
5. touch-not dirty-
Fruit meets all of our nutritional requirements as well as what our anatomical and physiological dictates regarding acquiring and eating of food:
· Humans were not given tools to cultivate their food…Fruit requires no cultivating.
· Humans were not given any utensils with which to prepare their food…Fruit can be picked straight from the tree/vine and eaten.
· Humans were not given any appliances to process their food… Fruit does not require cooking, juicing, blending, grating, etc.
· Humans were not given any means of preserving their food…Fruit has its own protection- skin;
FRUIT-OUR IDEAL FOOD
Anatomical and Physiological Evidence:
By analyzing the make up of fruit vs. the make up of animal products, and comparing this to the anatomical structure and physiological workings of humans vs. animals, it becomes apparent man is adapted ideally for plants, not meat or other animal products.
Sight · fruit is readily visible (grows above ground) · fruit is colorful and thus naturally attractive (humans by nature love colors)
Smell · fruit is pleasant smelling in its raw, unprocessed state (imagine buying steak or chicken scented soaps and shampoos)
Taste · fruit is high in sugar (glucose) content and thus has a naturally sweet taste · we are attracted by nature to sweets (“sweet tooth”) · fruit requires no seasoning or sweetening in its natural state to make it palatable · fruit requires no processing in its natural state to make it palatable
Hearing · hearing others ‘crunch’ and ‘slurp’ fruit can be most appetizing
Touch · fruit is not dirty in its natural state-grows on vines and trees · fruit is water soluble-more pleasant than oily or greasy sensations
· human hands are perfectly designed for picking and peeling fruits
· no need for utensils (with few exceptions) in preparing fruit for consumption
· human hands are ideal for holding fruit · no need for plates
· the structure of the human tooth is such that without the aid of utensils we would grow weary of eating a piece of meat-we don’t have the ability to tear meat as carnivores, imagine trying to break the skin of a cow with your teeth or your claws (hands) as carnivores do
· carnivores possess sharp molars for grinding meat, have snouts for reaching in, and their jaws only go up and down.
Human’s Natural Hunting Abilities and Instincts are Limited:
· humans cannot run fast enough to catch a speeding prey
· humans do not have a highly developed sense of smell for finding prey
· humans do not have pads on their feet for quiet stalking of prey
· humans are not designed for crawling on their belly for unnoticed stalking
· humans cannot leap or jump efficiently enough to catch prey
· humans do not have claws or strength enough to kill prey
· humans inherently detest ‘blood and guts’
· humans technically have two stomachs (stomach and duodenum)
· herbivores have 3 to 4 stomachs-multiple stomachs are for a more complex digestion process (for Grains and Grasses~complex Carbohydrates)
· carnivores have one simple stomach-to only digest meat, a simple process
· the human intestine is 12 times the length of the body-this is to allow for good absorption of nutrients and water. When animal flesh is added, it is held in too long, as a result it rotts and putrefies
· the herbivores also have a long intestine
· the carnivore’s intestine is 3 times the length of its body-this allows for rapid expulsion of toxic wastes from meat metabolism and digestion, no rotting or putrefaction can occur using this system
· humans have well-developed saliva glands to produce large quantities of saliva. This is because the saliva contains the digestive enzyme ptyalin for carbohydrate (sugar) digestion
· human saliva is alkaline-carbohydrate digestion can only take place in an alkaline environment (solution)
· carnivores have small saliva glands
· carnivore saliva is for acid-protein (meat) digestion, this can only takes place in an acid environment (solution)
· the principal digestive enzyme of the human is a carbohydrate enzyme
· the principal digestive enzyme of a carnivore is a protein enzyme
· the digestive process of herbivores is designed to break down the cellulose of grasses, veggies and grains (aka pulp)-cellulose as digested by herbivores, becomes sugar for energy
· humans cannot digest cellulose (pulp) for energy, but it forms the bulk (or fiber) for our intestinal tract as well as prevents us from overeating.
· humans are very inefficient at breaking down complex starches (as found in potato’s and grains)
· humans produce limited amounts of protein digestive enzymes – adequate amounts for the protein content of fruits, nuts, seeds, and vegetables – insufficient amounts for concentrated protein foods as in animal products. Carnivores produce two enzymes that humans do not. These enzymes are for neutralizing the by products of protein which are sulfuric and phosphoric acids. The Human body pulls calcium from its bones and tissue to neutralize these acids leading to Arthritis and Osteoporosis.
I think it definitely worth mentioning we of course need other plants like Vegetables, Seeds and Nuts in addition to Fruit. I used the above examples so that we may understand what I believe is our naturally right diet as compared to those that promote the consumption of meats, animal products, or no fruit or very limited amounts of fruit.
We in fact were given only:
· what grew from the earth (no meat)
· which we could pick and eat without preparation
· which would require no preservation
· a regional, seasonal diet
· which would be appealing to our palate-the primary defense mechanism to keep poisons out of our body
A naturally right diet would eliminate the need for and/or the production of:
· stoves · microwaves· blenders · juicers· refrigerators · distillers· drinking water · bottled/canned drinks· hot/cold drinks · seasonings· fermented foods · canned foods· processed foods ·Dehydrators· drugs/medications· vitamin tablets· Boxed foods· toothpaste· exercise machines· Baby-foods· preserved foods· herbs· soaps· deodorants· skin creams· sunglasses*lotions, etc.
Obviously we cannot practically go back to this way of life, but we can make the best of what we have and reap the benefits. We can eliminate many of the wrongs without a major change in lifestyle and receive much more energy for healing and the maintenance of health, while helping out animals, and the Earth.
DIETARY CLASSIFICATION OF ANIMALS
Different species of the animal kingdom (man included) are designed to handle different food types specific for them. This is based on the anatomical and physiological aspects of the species. Thus there are various classifications of animals based on their food adaptation.
Herbivores: grass and vegetable eaters-cattle, sheep, goats, deer, horses, rabbits, etc.
Frugivores: fruit-eating animals-humans, orangutangs, apes, monkeys, etc.
Carnivores: animals that live on the flesh, bone, offal etc. of other animals-cats, dogs, lions, tigers, wolves, buzzards, hawks, eagles, jackals, etc.
Omnivores: animals that live off a mixed diet of fruits, vegetables, grains, flesh, offal (carrion)-pigs, hogs.
Graminivores: animals that subsist on grains, grass and seeds-birds primarily
Insectivores: creatures that subsist on insects-bats, birds, frogs, etc.
Classification of Animals
THE CARNIVORA THE OMNIVORA
Zonary placenta Placenta non-acciduate
Four footed Four footed
Have claws Have hoofs
Walks on all fours Walks on all fours
Have tails Have tails
Eyes look sideways Eyes look sideways
Skin without pores Skin with pores
Slightly developed incisor teeth Very well-developed incisor teeth
Pointed molar teeth Molar teeth in folds
Dental formula Dental formula
5 to 8.1. 6.1. 5 to 8 8.1.2to3.1.8
5 to 8.1. 6.1. 5 to 8 8.1. 2 to 3.1. 8
Small salivary glands Well-developed salivary glands
Acid reaction of saliva and urine Saliva and urine acid
Rasping tongue Smooth tongue
Teats on abdomen Teats on abdomen
Stomach simple and roundish Stomach simple and roundish
Intestinal canal 3 times length of body Intestinal canal 1 0 times length of the body
Colon smooth Intestinal canal smooth and convoluted
Lives on flesh Lives on flesh, carrion and plants
THE HERBIVORA THE ANTHROPOID APES
Placenta non-deciduate Discoidal placenta
Four footed Two hands and two feet
Have hoofs (cloven) Flat nails
Walks on all fours Walks upright
Have tails Without tails
Eyes look sideways Eyes look forward
Skin with pores ( pachyderms/elephant) Millions of pores
Blunt molar teeth Well-developed incisor teeth
Dental formula Dental formula 188.8.131.52.6 184.108.40.206.5
Well-developed salivary glands Well-developed salivary glands
Alkaline reaction, saliva and urine Alkaline reaction, saliva and urine
Smooth tongue Smooth tongue
Teats on abdomen Mammary glands on breast
A stomach in three compartments Stomach with duodenum (as second stomach)
(in camel and some ruminents four)
Length of intestinal canal varies~ Intestinal canal 1 2 times length of the body
according to species, but is usually~
10 times longer than body
Intestinal canal smooth and convoluted Colon convoluted Lives on grass, herbs and plants Lives on fruit and nuts
Discoidal placenta (same classafication as ape)
Two hands and two feet
Eyes look forward
Millions of pores
Well-developed incisor teeth
Blunt molar teeth
Well-developed salivary glands
Alkaline reaction of saliva and urine
Mammary glands on breast
Stomach with duodenum (as second stomach)
Intestinal canal 1 2 times length of the body
* Interesting to note that science dictates that man has the exact, to the tee, same digestive tract as a Gorilla. Gorillas live strictly on plants with the exception of during times of famine, they will then resort to flesh for survival.
** Also interesting to note that there are no carnivores that live to 75 and beyond years as man does.
***Gorillas are the strongest land mammals on Earth. Capable of bench pressing 6000 pounds (and they live on plants).
****Important fact to mention is the human civilizations that consume the most animal protein have the most disease.
QUALIFICATIONS OF A REAL FOOD
(Junk Food vs. Real Food)
Our body’s were designed to operate on a specific fuel. This fuel will only add to the health and life of the body. Real foods will not take away from the body’s efficient operation or “clog up” the works (unless we eat too much). It will meet all the nutritional requirements of the body. This fuel is called “real food”. Real foods in every way are life sustaining and health maintaining and have nothing in them which in anyway is detrimental to the body. How then do we know if a substance is a real food, that it meets all the nutritional requirements of the body, that it is anatomically and physiologically suited to our bodies? In order for a substance to qualify as a real food it must meet the following qualifications. If it does not, it is considered a junk food:
1) Something edible grown by nature· of the plant kingdom
2) Which can be eaten without processing in any way
3) Of which an entire meal of just that one substance can be eaten and be thoroughly enjoyed.
· not offensive to the taste buds
· taste buds are our primary defense mechanism to keep toxins out of the body via the digestive tract
· we naturally have a ‘sweet tooth’
· this is nature’s way of attracting us to our natural diet-fruit and vegetables, and keeping us from consuming toxins or toxic foods
In this newsletter the word toxin was mentioned several times. There are those that believe if we eat properly the body will take care of these toxins. There is some truth to that statement, more accurately, they should say the body does the best it can regarding toxins. Our filters are very inefficient at dealing with man made toxins because our filters were made for filtering metabolic wastes, not toxins. This because toxins are foreign to our body. As such, the body tends to store these toxins because that is the most efficient (least expensive to the body) way of dealing with toxins.
It is very important force the body to clean house. This cleaning cannot be accomplished by eating food, or juicing, nor can it be accomplished in only three days, seven days, or 10 days. This is accomplished by adding to the body natural occurring chemicals found in herbs. For those of you interested in the removal of toxins from your body please visit our store. I can be reached at 866 GO EJUVA 463 5882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Charles Partito N.D./ Raw Nutritionist